Tuesday, December 21, 2010

King Arthur's Sister Goes to Washington

Final Page - written by Mark Twain and channeled through Kim Headlee:

I broke off because the time-folding device, which I had been (stupidly, perhaps, but there you have it) clutching all the while he was reading the Manuscript, had begun growing warm again--I mean, much warmer than my hand alone could have done. My heart lurched; I thought I'd accidentally activated it.
Its light was flashing green rather than red.
Sandy, who'd been staring at me, slack-jawed, as if I'd just sprouted a third arm, said:
"Hurry, pull it off!"
"I can't! It's already bonded." A thought occurred, a possibility I hadn't considered before, and I felt calmness wash over me like a wave. "Either I'm about to disappear again, or--"
When the flash passed and my eyesight cleared, I was still standing inside the private office of the owner of the London Knights baseball team. Sandy was still behind its massive desk, though he had risen from the chair and was grinning broadly, a grin I knew wasn't meant for me.
Behind me, a dear familiar female voice said:
"Arthur, I have ever so much to explain to thee . . ."



http://www.mrheadlee.com
http://www.vimeo.com/mrheadlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace, Love, Understanding, and Truth